Friday, January 2, 2009

In Praise of the Nikon D-90

My sister-in-law recently came by the gallery and took some pictures of my work with her new Nikon D-90. I was very impressed with the quality of the pictures and the accuracy of the colors. Amazingly, it balances the light and can even take great pictures with just ambient light (we turned the gallery lights off for one of them). With virtually no effort, just point and shoot, we got very good images. I can't complain about the Canon Power Shot, 4-Meg, point and shoot camera that I've been using. Images are good for what it is and I can get the right colors as well, but it is impossible to take pictures of large objects without getting too much distortion. When I've used Canon's SLR (Rebel), I haven't been happy with the colors and usually go back to the images I've taken with the Powershot.


Here are some examples, I'll add them to my website soon:

"Five by Ten" - 27" x 26" x 1"

Yin/Yang - 33" x 20" x 0.75"
"641" - 33"x 24" x 0.75"
"Three-of-a-Kind" - 36" x 36" x 1"
"Untitled" - 56" x 20 x 0.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment