Thursday, March 24, 2011

Much Better Now

After finishing The Revolution Will Not Be Televised in January, and getting it photographed, I was disappointed with some of the color matching between my work and the actual test pattern. In addition, I realized that having two inch thick blocks in the middle section was too distracting --- so, I took it apart to add some color and take 1/2" off the middle blocks.
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
36" x 49" x 1.5"
March 2011

Since I photographed this one myself, the quality of the lighting and the photography isn't as good as the first one but you can see that the yellow, red, and blue are much closer to the actual test pattern now. The green is also better but I think the lighting makes it look the same as before. I didn't add anything to the blue green panel and don't know if the lighting makes it look lighter or if I took some color out in the repolishing process.
Official Television Screen Test Pattern
Here is the original. I'm happy for now. Hopefully, I'll sell it before I have a chance to take it apart again.
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
36" x 49" x 2"
January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment